Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Apart into a Desert Place

And he said unto them, come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while. Mark 6:31

This week has been rather stressful. Not unpleasantly so, just a lot to do.  One thing I have been trying to do is to put my MIL’s computer on DSL instead of dial-up.  I think this will help her be on line easier and she will enjoy being on the computer so much more.  I had been checking off and on to see when this would be available in her area.  I spent about 5 hours one day helping her connect the units she received from her ISP.  Oh, I didn’t mention that she lives about 5 hours away from me.  So we were doing this over the phone!  Then I spent another 3 hours the next day on the phone, while we both were on Facebook so that I could help her become acquainted with the location of where to post, what the difference between home and profile were, etc.   I am sure there will be more days of being on the phone and navigating Facebook, but I don’t mind. I am so happy that she will get the enjoyment of seeing everyone!

The rest of the week was pretty much spent on errands, but required frequent trips to town.  I am pretty much a home-body and like to put all my errands into one trip if possible!   Believe me, I was ready to find my desert place – a place of solitude and quiet.   
I am blessed with several areas to find my solitude.  On the deck overlooking the small lake surrounded by lots of trees.  The dogs will come for petting but that is soothing and as enjoyable for me as it is for them.  My favorite place is my studio.  This was a bedroom suite we built on for my mom when she came to live with us following her stroke.  When she went to live with the Lord, I created a studio there. (She would love that!) I have a recliner that I curl up in to read or study art books.  And I have 3 tables on which to paint as well as a standing easel.  Once I get in the painting mode, all else is forgotten! 


Find your quiet place and rest a while!  And have a safe and happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment