Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sparrows

When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: either there will be ground to stand on, or you will be given wings to fly."— O.R. Melling

My previous posts on birds could not be complete without mentioning sparrows.  As with cardinals, the male is the more colorful. He directs attention away from the female.

In human life, the male has usually been the one most positioned in the limelight. Economics and wars have challenged that position, bringing more women into the workforce. While my husband and I are equal partners in our marriage and decision making; I like that he is considered the head of the household.  It is he who answers the door to unexpected knocks. It is he who warms up my car so I don't have to sit in the cold. And, it is he who comforts me when I am distressed.

We also have a heavenly father who comforts us. Jesus compares us to sparrows when he says we are worth more than sparrows, yet not one sparrow shall fall without our Father's knowledge.  Therefore, we are to have no fear, that God is aware of each one of us and of the plans that He has for us.

Early Sunrise, Oil, 24x18
by Rhomy

Thank you for stopping by! I do enjoy reading your comments!

Reference: Matt. 10.29-31; Luke 12.6-7

2 comments: