Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Learning the Wrong Lesson

Khalil Gibran wrote he who has not looked on sorrow will never see joy.

It takes a rainfall to see a rainbow.
I have had a lot of rain and a few storms in my life. And because my faith wasn’t as strong, I lost joy along the way. Some of it was due to lack of expectation. If I didn’t get my hopes up too high, I didn’t fall as hard when it rained. In other words, I let the fear of disappointment rob me of expecting joy.


To put in terms of art, I became rather monotone. No brights and no darks. Rather a muddy and dull composition if I had put that on canvas. Yet, I didn’t recognize that in my life. My happy days could have been much brighter.


Fear Not. I wonder how many times that appears in the Bible. God spoke it, Jesus spoke it and certainly the angels spoke it. Now when I awaken my thoughts are ‘it is going to be a great day!’ Certainly any day in the Lord is a great day. Fear Not: Whatever befalls I know God is going to see me through it. He saw me through the rain and storms even when I didn’t trust He was there. Although I was saved as a child, I didn’t learn to study the Bible. I didn’t know that God was truly a Father who cared about His children. I thought it was only about going to heaven when you died. Slowly I have studied more, read various authors, and learned much. I am going to continue to do so.




I hope everyone experienced a Happy Mothers' Day. I took time off to renew my spirit.

I am so happy to see my followers and I hope you do get as much reading my thoughts, as I do posting them. Thank you! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment