Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

A GREAT SONG

“It is no secret what God can do, what he has done for others he’ll do for you."  A great song. What does it mean though? Is He going to make me strong, like Atlas? Talented as Michelangelo? Showing one of my works in progress to a friend, she said she could only draw stick figures. She has many talents that I don’t have, including sewing . I cannot sew a straight line! I have to spend several minutes setting the machine, and then very slowly stitch. It becomes very tedious, so I limit what sewing I have to do to mending.



I receive lots of compliments (although never too many!!) on my art. Yet, I see the flaws. I know that I will not achieve perfection so I just do the best I can do. That is how I try to spend my life also, doing the best that I can do and leaning on God for the rest. His saving Grace is available for you also.

A portrait of Love:


Have a blessed week!



2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. Your reference to Stuart Hamblen's gospel song caught my eye. I posted a blog on it myself this morning. And you ask a great question: "What does it mean?"

    Bottom line, I think it means that by God's grace we can become all that God intended us to be. That we can find a level of meaning and fulfilment that would be beyond us, apart from the wisdom and strength He provides (see Second Corinthians 3:5 and 12:9). God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert and thanks for dropping by! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete