Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

This is the Lord's day, rejoice in it

Emerson said "Don't be too squeamish about your actions.  All life is an experiment.  The more experiments  you make the better."

What better way to grow one's creativity. Stretch yourself into trying new things.  I have mostly been a landscape painter.  Partly because I love nature, and partly because my first art teacher came through watching William Alexander.  He was from Germany.  He started the Magic of Painting.  He was an older man but full of life and joy.  And he spoke of "almighty" mountains.

Now I reach out to grow my creativity. I try oils, acrylics, and watercolors. I draw and color with pencils, crayons and pastels.  What will this do? What will that do? God is pleased with those who create, after all He was our Creator!


This is "Campfire Tales".  The image is of a family sitting around a campfire. The kids are snuggled in their sleeping bags. The father is telling a story about a wonderful horse, and the imagination of all "sees" the horse in the smoke rising from the fire.

Creativity in story-telling. Imagination. Rejoicing in the Lord's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment